The guests for Episode 38 are the hosts of SHIFTing Work, Dwain Scott and Van Shumake Jr..
Both have worked full time jobs, had side businesses and are now guiding themselves and others to shift from the 9-5 job to an entrepreneurial path.
- The importance of online communities and how they have benefitted Dwain and Van
- The importance of accountability partners and how they hold each other accountable
- Dwain’s previous podcast Lean Me, Lean U and what happened with that show
- Their strategy to reach the top of iTunes New and Noteworthy shortly after the show’s release
- Being on David Ralph’s Join Up Dots prior to launch and how that helped the show
- What happens when you don’t have the support of the people closest to you
- Obstacles people face when starting their own business
- The fear of the boss finding out about entrepreneurial ventures when you’re an employee
- Working together doing a podcast even though they haven’t met face to face (yet)
- The thing that even Dwain didn’t know about Van
- Whether Dwain has showered with David Ralph yet and whether he has broken the brick. Listen to their interview on Join Up Dots to know what this means.
- Their mastermind group that they are starting
Other links and resources:
SHIFTting Work on iTunes and Stitcher
SHIFTing Work Podcast on Facebook
Van Shumake Jr. on Twitter
Dwain Scott on Twitter