The guest on Episode 11 is Peter Rosenberger, the president of Nashville-based Standing With Hope, which is an outreach that provides artificial limbs to people in developing countries. Peter is a public speaker, and advocate for the 65 million caregivers nationwide. Peter is also the authority on being a caregiver; he has cared for his wife Gracie since 1983 when she was in an accident which would leave her a double-amputee.
As a side note, even though this is Episode 11, Peter was actually the first guest I interviewed and I am grateful that he gave me that opportunity. The airing of this episode coincides with the release of Peter’s book: Hope For The Caregiver: Encouraging Words to Strengthen Your Spirit, which is available today on Amazon and other booksellers. Prior to the airing of this episode, Peter’s book was named one of Kathie Lee Gifford’s “favorites” on the Today Show with Kathie Lee and Hoda.
Topics covered on the show:
- The caregiver’s three I’s
- How Peter managed to cover Gracie for over $9 million in medical bills, even though she was uninsurable
- Peter’s friendship with Jeff Foxworthy
- How to approach being a caregiver and still having a sense of humor
- Peter’s outreach missions
- Finding the time for things outside of being a caregiver
Other links and resources mentioned:
The Peter Rosenberger Show on iTunes
The Peter Rosenberger Show live feed on iHeart Radio (3 PM CST on Sundays)
Peter’s website, Standing with Hope